This is the first print from my forth MakerBot printer. This is the furthest I have printed on a MakerBot before the first failure. I call it success.
I broke the last one and needed a test print so here he is. The orange roctopus.
I picked these two up from Ali Express to monitor my room temperature and the temperature inside the enclosure. Without the enclosure the temperature was about 13C in winter but the enclosure warmed up to about 25C.
Lulzbot Taz 5 and MakerBot mini with my notebook and Raspberry Pi running OctoPrint
This is is a nice login screen:
This is not:
And why did I need to login again?
Shouldn’t this be a showcase for what you want developers to aspire to?
I subscribed to Xamarin a little after their forms product was released. It seemed to be just what I wanted: One framework to rule them all. I have a few apps written with PhoneGap that have become popular and the users have asked for more features. After a few months I’m joining the “It’s not ready yet crowd”. I really wanted to like it and the people and company seem great so this is not a knock on their hard work.
The problem is it’s wrapping Android and I’m trying to use it like it wraps Windows. The two just don’t mix. I didn’t actually realize this until after I quit and started to use Android Studio. Which by the way is awesome, I had been putting off native development and Eclipse/Java/Android seemed a much steeper learning curve than Xamarin. After learning Android Studio the desire to learn Xamarin has waned.
I have already destroyed a nozzle on my Lulzbot Taz 5, through my own stupidity, so when the the ESun Cleaning Filament was available and in stock I gave it a try.
I found it on Amazon for about $10. Compared to a clogged nozzle it is a good deal.
For $10 this is what you get. Notice the lack of instructions.
I did not have a clog but I did notice none of my cold pulls were the shape that they should be and it was a matter or time before I clogged it.
After unwrapping the ESun Cleaning Filament you can feel it is not smooth and is a little soft, almost rubbery but not quite. The filament feels almost serrated like it would actually clean the print barrel
I heated the nozzle to 230 and started extruding by hand and then tightening the tension rods and using software to force the ESun Cleaning Filament into the nozzle. Big mistake. The filament is too soft, and will curl up if forced. Stick to manually forcing it through.
After manually feeding at 230-260 I could see a lot of colored PLA coming through. Once it was clean I let it cool to 130 and then pulled it out. Releasing even more colored PLA.
I repeated the process a few times until I was getting very little muck out. I was only extruding and pulling clean cleaning filament.
After printing some more PLA I did a cold pull and got a near perfect nozzle shaped cone with no color distortion.
So buy some now and keep it as insurance for when you need it. It’s a cheap investment for your printer.
Just printed these. They came out quite well.
They are for the Raspberry Pi 2B. It is a snug fit but the case is solid and the lights shine through.
I don’t have this many TVs, My TV just insists on adding it’self to my network each time it turns on.
I took the weekend to move from GoDaddy to HostGator. For some reason Word Press on GoDaddy ate my attachments and would not let me add any more. So they are all gone but at least I can add them on new posts.