Tips for getting the best results when using QR Sidekick to update your sheets from a barcode:
- Update your phone with the most recent patches. Most modern smartphones have built-in barcode scanners that get better in each new version of the OS.
- Open the QR Sidekick app. The app will find and detect the barcode in the frame.
- Make sure the barcode is well-lit. If the barcode is too dark or too bright, your phone may have difficulty scanning it.
- Hold your phone steady. If you move your phone too much while scanning the barcode, the app may not be able to scan it correctly.
- Try from different angles. If you’re having trouble scanning a barcode, try holding your phone at a different angle.
- Clean the lens. If your phone’s camera lens is dirty, it can affect the quality of the scan. Wipe the lens with a clean, soft cloth before scanning the barcode.